As per the latest survey, there are 3.2 billion Social Media users in this world which are approximately 42% of the World’s population. By looking at this survey details, we can easily think about the business growth opportunities within Social Media Marketing.
Before going deep into Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing, we need to understand the basic concept of Marketing.
"Marketing" is nothing but promoting your product or services that would help to get Sales.
These are the perfect examples of Traditional Marketing
- Print Media = Advertisement in Newspaper, Pamphlets.
- Telephone = Cold calling
"Digital Marketing" is promoting your product or services on a Digital or Electronic Platform.
These are the different channels of Digital Marketing.
- Content Marketing = Blogs, Youtube Videos
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
There are two ways of Digital Marketing
- Organic Marketing = SEO, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing.
- Paid Marketing = SEM, Email, Social Media Ads.
1) What is Social Media Marketing?
Social Media Marketing is a very effective way to promote your products/services by spreading brand awareness on Social Media Platforms and convert your target audience into potential customers.
Do you know every person who uses smartphones spends at least 2 to 2.5 hours on social media? It means that you don’t need to search for the customers as you have ready-made customers available on Social Media Platforms. You just need to create good content to attract them to become your follower and by nurturing them you can convert them to customers.
These are the top trending Social Media Platforms that you need to use for your Social Media Marketing.
- Facebook – Facebook is the most popular Social Media platform with around 2.3 Billion users.
- Youtube – YouTube has around 2 billion active users. YouTube is a very effective medium to get connected to your audience (potential customers in the future).
- Instagram – Insta is very popular among youngsters, there are around 1 billion users on this platform. This is the best platform for Visual Marketing.
- Twitter – Twitter has around 326 million active users. It is also known as a microblogging platform where you can share your thought/points of view in the form of Tweets.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn has 303 million active users. This platform is quite a favorite of Professionals.
- Pinterest – Pinterest has also a good userbase with 303 active users. It is Social Media Platform where you can pin your blog links and divert traffic to your blog.
I hope you got to know a bit about Social Media Marketing and different Platforms. Now, let me share with you the benefits of Social Media Marketing.
2) Why Social Media Marketing is very effective?
Every business wants to come online after seeing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Social Media Marketing is the best way for the same. It helps you to reach millions of your ideal customers across the globe.
Now, let’s see the real benefits of SMM.
- Brand Awareness – Social Media Marketing has proved that it’s an effective way to increase your visibility online as a Brand.
- Cost-effective – As we all know that if we need to promote our product or services using the traditional marketing method we end up spending more money compare to Digital Marketing.
- Reaches to Global audience – If you use the correct SMM strategy, you can sell your product/service to any person on this planet.
- Customer/Audience Engagement – You can easily communicate with your followers/customers and work on the suggestions or feedback given by them to improve your product/service. This is the best example of two-way communication.
- Faster Content Distribution – If you create good content for your audience then it will not take much time to get it shared by them with their friends. It will help you to get more followers and who can become your future customers.
- Easy to monitor your performance – SMM platforms give you an option to monitor your Content Marketing strategies using the “Insight” option. You can also keep an eye on industry trends and your competitors strategies.
- Provides authenticity – You must have heard the great line “People buy from People”. If you communicate with your audience it gives a personal touch with help to be Authentic.
I hope my content is keeping you engaged and giving value for your time.
3) How to use Social Media Marketing for your business?
Are you excited to know about the Social Media Marketing formula to grow your business? Let’s go.
1) Understand your product/service:- You can’t sell your boats to the people who stay in the desert. The reason for giving this example to make you understand that you have to choose the correct audience for your product/service or you will end up with no disappointment. You need to ask the below questions to define your target audience.
- What is your product or service?
- What are the features?
- What are the benefits of this product or service which will resolve your audience’s specific problem?
- Who will benefit from this and how?
2) Define your target Audience:- You need to create a buyer persona for your target audience by considering the below factors.
- Background = Occupation, Education, Marital Status, Income
- Demographic = Age, Gender, Location
- Generation = Baby Boomers (54-72 Years Old) / Generation X (38-53 Years Old) / Millenials (22-37 Years Old) / Generation Z (0-21 Years Old)
- Personality Type
- Opinions and Attitudes
- Interests & Hobbies
3) Select the correct Social Media Platform:- You need to define your Social Media Platform considering the below points.
- What Industry are you in?
- Who is your target audience?
- What resources do you have?
- What is your budget?
4) Define Content Types :-
- PDF’s = eBook, Guide, Checklist, Template, Catalogue
- Images = GIFs, MEMEs, Infographics, Product Image
- Videos = How to Video, Product Demo, Product Review, Webinar, Behind the Scenes.
5) Use the correct tool:-
- Designing = CANVA
- Blog/Website = WordPress
- Google Drive = Storing your data
- Google Docs = Creating a document
- Scheduling = Creator Studio, Hootsuite, Later
6) Define SMART Goals for your Business:-
7) Monitor and Measure your Performance:-
- Are people vising your profile?
- Are people liking and sharing your posts?
- Are people commenting on your posts?
- Are people converting from the audience to followers?
- Which posts are
8) Competitor Analysis:- You need to keep checking the Market trend and analyze your Competitor’s activity with the below points.
- Which platforms your competitor is using?
- Understand their Content Strategy.
- Understand their marketing strategy to increase social media followers.
- Check the hashtags they are using on their post.
Conclusion:- Now, you know the importance of Social Media Marketing, use the below 5 step Formula to build personal brand and grow your business online.
- Define your Niche
- Define your product
- Define your target audience
- Define your marketplace
- Define your SMM strategy
Thanks for reading my blog.
Leave your Valuable comment below to motivate us.