A Short real story
Let me share with you the story of my friend Ravi. Ravi got a new job in Bangalore. He got a nice 2 BHK unfurnished house within his budget online. So, he shifted to Bangalore along with his parents. However, there was only 1 bed provided by his owner. So, he decided to go and check in a nearby market. Ravi finally got one nice shop where he got the new bed as per his exact requirement but there was a small problem. The shop owner requested Ravi to arrange transport as he didn’t have any vehicle to get it delivered to Ravi’s house. As being a newbie in Bangalore city, he started thinking about how to resolve this issue.
Suddenly he saw one small Lawry was passing by. He stopped that Lawry man and requested him to deliver the newly bought bed to his new house. However that Lawry man told Ravi that he is going for delivery outside of the City area so it will take time to come back from there. After listening to his words, Ravi started worrying about the delivery part. After looking at Ravi’s tensed face, that Lawry man called Ravi and told him that there is an App from where he can book another Lawry easily. Ravi downloaded that App and booked the Lawry at a very affordable price. Lawry arrived within 7 minutes after booking. Finally, Ravi got a big relief after getting this amazing solution.
The reason for telling this true story is to know the importance of Digital Marketing in our day-to-day life.
All the business owners are promoting their product or service online and they are getting more online customers easily. Now, let’s start knowing about this technology in detail.
What is Digital Marketing?
The simple definition of Digital Marketing is Promoting your product or services on Digital platforms like Social Media, emails, and SMS.
Digital Marketing is the advanced way of marketing to get more customers and grow the business.
Digital Marketing VS Offline Marketing
Digital Marketing Channels
Digital Marketing channels are nothing but the different platforms used for Businesses for their Brand awareness, promoting their product and services digitally.
Many DM channels get used as per the requirement of Business type. Below is the list of the 5 most trending and effective online Marketing channels used globally which generates a considerable result.
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Mobile Marketing
Choosing the appropriate marketing channels will be always helpful for Businesses to get good ROI (Return on Investment). Let’s try to get more information about every channel.
1) Content Marketing
Content Marketing is a very important channel of Digital Marketing. It helps business owners to attract an audience by sharing valuable information and material in form of Posts and Videos. Text, Images, and Videos are the important aspects of Content Marketing strategy.
YouTube and Personal/Professional blogs are the best examples of Content Marketing.
2) Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing is a channel that can be used to promote your product/services on different Social Media Platforms like,
- Facebook – Around 2072M active users
- Instagram – Around 800M active users
- LinkedIn – Around 303M active users
- Twitter – Around 335M active users
- Pinterest – Around 250M active users
- Quora (Media Sharing Network) – Around 300M active users
Out of 5 channels, Social Media Marketing is the most effective and beneficial channel as it provides Businesses not only keep connected with their existing customers but also attract new customers.
Tip :- Social Media is the best platform to build your “Personal Brand”.
3) Email Marketing
Email Marketing is still considered an effective marketing channel to keep a connection with your audience by sharing targeted and personalized messages. By sharing valuable content through emails, you can convert your audience to your future customer after building trust with them.
There is a total of 5 types of effective marketing emails which you can use for your business.
- Welcome emails – To start an initial conversation with your audience.
- Email Newsletter – This can be used for brand awareness and stay connected with your audience.
- Promotional emails – This can be used to share information related to your product and services.
- Dedicated emails – This can be used specifically to highlight the call-to-action for your audience/customers.
- Transactional emails – This type of email sent to a recipient after a specific action is taken by them.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization which is the process of promoting your website on search engines to increase the traffic and get more sales by promoting your product and services. This is a very effective organic method (non-paid) to reach to maximum audience. These are 3 important factors in SEO.
- Content = You should create good quality content (Text, image, and video) like Blogs/Articles/How to tutorials through which you can easily attract the audience.
- On-Page SEO = You need to update a good Title Tag, Meta description, subheading, internal links, and ALT tags.
- Off-Page SEO = It’s nothing but your blog/website getting promoted and referred by other websites (Backlinks).
5) Mobile Marketing
There are around 5 billion people who use mobiles. So, Mobile marketing becomes an effective method to promote products and services through SMS, text messages, multimedia messages. Nowadays, most businesses are promoting their products via “Whatsapp” too.
There are few benefits of Mobile Marketing strategy.
- It’s cost-effective
- Reaches a broader market
- It’s a direct marketing
- Easily gets viral.
- Easy to use
Benefits of Digital Marketing for Businesses
1) You don’t need to spend much on the advertisement by using Digital Marketing strategies. It’s very cost-effective than Traditional Marketing.
2) Instead of wasting time on irrelevant customers, you can target the right audience as per your product or service.
3) Digital Marketing is Dynamic, so you can make changes in your ads as per your requirement anytime.
4) You will get high ROI (Return On Investment) from Ad campaigns.
5) You can have direct communication with your customers and get feedback/reviews to improve your product or service.
After the COVID-19 pandemic, consumption of the Internet has been increased by 43% and digitalization in marketing started. People started spending more time on the Internet watching videos, reading great content on blogs, and listening to Podcasts. Due to this online shopping consumer has been increased by 23% which is the clear indication for every business to be online if they want to grow their business immensely.
If you are the business owner and haven’t started using Digital Marketing strategies, you are going out of the race. If you would like to know more about Digital Marketing services, please subscribe to get more updates from us which would be beneficial for you to grow your business.
Thank you so much for taking your time to read this blog. If you liked this blog, please comment and give us your feedback.